Port Douglas Holiday Attractions
Four Mile Beach Port Douglas
Just seconds from your apartment in Port Douglas is fabulous Four
Mile Beach - safe and popular with families as
- it has a naturally gradual slope
- it is netted during the summer for protection against stingers and patrolled by life guards
- the water temperature ranges between 23 and 29 degrees C ideal for swimming year round
- the natural vegetation provides sun protection during mid - late afternoon.
Parasailing Kitesurfing Sunset Sail Port Douglas Sunrise 4 Mile Beach
There are many activities
to amuse the family on the beach - sun lounges, kayaks, catamarans and tyre tubes are available for hire. In addition several companies offer parasailing, jet ski hire and kitesurfing lessons for the more adventurous family members.
Port Douglas has an exceptional wildlife park showcasing Australian birds and animals. The rainforest aviary provides aerial board walks in the canopy so visitors can view birds feeding, resting and flying up close. Water birds inhabit the lagoon swimming and feeding in full view from the walkway above.
Eclectus Parrot Saltwater Crocodile Southern Cassowary Jabiru Storks
The park has a savannah grassland where visitors can feed the birds and wallabies, view saltwater and freshwater crocodiles, cassowaries, emus, brolgas, tree kangaroos and koalas. In addition the park has the only breeding pair of Jabiru storks in Australia.
Shopping in Port Douglas
The shopping strip in the Port
Douglas Village is a smorgasboard of tasteful boutiques, homeware, giftware stores and art galleries - a shopoholics paradise where relaxed browsing is retail
In addition the Sunday markets at ANZAC park is a cotters market - quality produce, art, clothes, jewellery produced locally.
Dining in Port Douglas
Port Douglas is foodies heaven with some of the finest award winning restaurants in Queensland. Our tropical climate is ideal for outdoor dining and the architecture of many restaurants takes advantage with open verandahs, shutters and garden space
Courthouse Hotel Balcony Salsa Bar and Grill
- HAVE A COFFEE OR COCKTAIL @ ZINC - then
visit the rest room
- PICNIC @ MOSSMAN GORGE - 3 pm take
some prawns or bread and dips and a bottle of wine
- KARAOKEE SUNDAY NIGHT @ The Iron Bar
- WAGS @ THE PORT YATCH CLUB - Free sail on Wednesday
evenings 4pm @ The Yatch Club then dinner in restaurant - bookings
- UNDER THE STARS CINEMA - See the newspaper
for what's on
- FOR A UNIQUE CULTURAL EXPERIENCE - Cane Toad
races at The Iron Bar - Family Show at 7.30 pm
- HOGLAND GLASS GALLERY - World famous glass
artists create hand made glass pieces.
- BEST COFFEE @ Whileaway - Coffee, cakes and books
- BIG BREAKFAST WITH THE BIRDS @ HABITAT WILDLIFE PARK
- You can feed the animals in the morning
- SUNDAY MARKET - From 8am for fresh produce
and locally made arts and crafts
- LIVE MUSIC @ THE COURTHOUSE HOTEL - Sunday
- ON THE INLET @ 4PM - Watch the sunset
over the Marina and 'GEORGE THE GROPER' being fed whilst enjoying
a bucket of prawns
- SEAFOOD - Santiago prawn trawler sells fresh green and cook prawns the weekend of full moon at the Marina